Future Careers is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- Embedded content from other websites
- Termination or Suspension of Website
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Accountability – Under the GDPR, we must not only comply with the above six general principles but we must be able to demonstrate that we comply by documenting and keeping records of all decisions.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This includes your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, contact number and CV. We will collect personal data from you in accordance with the purposes outlined in this document. This will be personal data used to facilitate a consultant/client type relationship usually your name and email address and billing information and to provide you additional ancillary services if chosen by the client e.g. Strengths profile or Emotional Quotient Inventory EQ-i2.0 testing, CV review. If you are a sole trader or partnership, we would consider your address to be personal data. We save the information you provide us with for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name, address, contact number and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners under the section ‘Who else can see your Personal Data.’
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example scheduling appointments providing you with products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- Keep record of transactions
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligations rising from law and/or use of your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it which includes to complete our legitimate business operations including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your data will be kept for 1 year after which point it will be deleted. Data that no longer needs to be retained will be destroyed. Hard copies will be shredded and digitally held data will undergo digital shredding. However, we are legally bound to keep billing/invoicing information for a period of 6 years to ensure compliance with our obligations to the Office of the Revenue Commissioners.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 6 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- that further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. Any such organisation or individual will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions but may not use it for any other purpose. We share your data with:
Professional Service Providers:
- Delta Design & Print
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office 365 including MS Teams
- Dwyer & Associates Accounting and Financial Services
- Bank of Ireland
- Capp & Co Limited – Strengths Profile (where clients choose to avail of the Strengths Profile psychometric test)
- MHS Multi Health Systems (where clients wish to avail of the Emotional Quotient Inventory EQ-2.0 assessment)
- PayPal (online payment processing for product/service from Future Careers website)
- Stripe (online payment processing for product/service from Future Careers website)
- Grammarly (digital writing assistance tool)
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so or in order to enforce or apply any contract with the Data Subject or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it or
Other than the above, we will not disclose personal information to any third party without your consent except in incidences where an individual is potentially at risk or where the law requires it.
Embedded content from other websites
Termination or Suspension of Website
We have the right to terminate or suspend the operation of the Website (including in part) for any reason without notice and without liability. We may (without limitation) suspend the Website to conduct maintenance or implement updates.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your Personal Data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Our procedures includes the use of safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. Soft copies of client CV’s and other coaching documents are secured in a digital vault. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Physical data is secured in a locked filing cabinet and can only be accessed by the data controller of Future Careers- Kieran Butler.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you choose to engage with use via Social Media platforms we are not in control of the processing of data from these platforms.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Technical Personal Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. We may gather technical information for security reasons. We will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed below with any individual. We will only use the technical information for statistical and other administrative purposes.
We may collect this technical information from you when you visit our website and accept cookies. This information may include standard information from you (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on our website (such as the web pages viewed and links clicked). We do note that your IP address is considered personal data under the GDPR.
Sales of Business
Information on Consent
You may withdraw consent at any time by providing an unambiguous indication of your wishes by which you, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signify withdrawal of consent to the processing of Personal Data relating to you. If you have any queries relating to withdrawing your consent, please contact our Data Protection Coordinator using the contact details set out below.
Withdrawal of consent shall be without effect to the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Details of Data Processing Activities
|Categories of Data||Purpose/Activity||Possible Lawful Basis for Processing|
|Name and contact details||To manage our relationship with you the client, supplier, contractor||(a) Performance of a contract with you. (b) Necessary to comply with legal obligations|
|Name and contact details||To send you with marketing material||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (ensure sales continue) (b) Consent|
|Name and contact details, and other personal detail you may provide in an email)||To respond to requests or queries you may make to us via email. To advise and assist you in updating CV’s where you provide same via email||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (customer service) (b) Necessary steps prior to entering into a contract with you.|
|Name and contact details||Notifying you about changes to our terms or this policy.||(a) Necessary to comply with our legal obligations (b) Consent|
|Name and contact details||Asking you to leave a review or take part in a survey.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)|
|Name and contact details; IP Address||To administer and protect our business and website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, network security, and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|IP Address||To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing and customer relationships and experiences||(a)Consent
(b)Necessary for our legitimate interest (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|Name and Contact Details||To respond to your enquiry, feedback or complaint||(a) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(b) Performance of a contract with you
|Name and Contact Details (Invoices)||To comply with our tax obligations
Keep records of transactions
|Necessary to comply with legal obligations|
|Cookies (IP Address)||Cookies can be managed with this link||(a) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|Name and Social Media Handles||To build an online community, disseminate information and to respond to your queries directly.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (customer service)|
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Last modification was made February 11th, 2021.